Friday, January 15, 2010

a lesson from the french, mockingbirds, a little bag of cocaine, men on yachts


I'm pretty sure it's time for a return to my commitment... this blog.

With that said, I'm starting fresh with a few of my favorite poetic argots.

1. I wish I could find Philippe Clay's bewitching performance in "Bell, Book and Candle," but it is absent from the Web. Instead, I can only offer this performance.

2. Rives
Rives remixes TED2006 | Video on TED.com
Next, we have Rives. I sometimes wish that he was my entourage of one. I could command his extemporaneous genius at any moment. It would be awesome.

3. Regina Spektor.
Vocal manipulation, brevity of dark subjects, depth in simplicity, smoking, loving, feeling, being.

4. M.E.N.
Performance is lyrics is music is philosophy is art is coalesced.

5. YACHT
I suppose that if I post M.E.N., then I should include YACHT for the same reasons. Same, same, but different.

So, there you have it. A nice breather from my amateur additions. Enjoy the ocular and aural feast!

No comments: