Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Stories From Them


My mind is at capacity. There are some days when inspirational muses are planted in every direction. Today was a harmonious day, which is always fun. It was one of those days where one, seemingly inconsequential, conversation is suddenly the apex of all other moments in the 24 hour cycle.

Today I cooked. There were purple pickled eggs; anchovies and zucchini bathing in lemons; red rose petals complimenting red cupcakes; olives, breads, and St. Agur. After the feast I caught up with another Rose, of the human variety: Charlie Rose. His guest? Jason Epstein. Le topic du jour? Food and writing: the perfect coalescence of my two favorite things.

To top it off, Neruda's been popping into my radar a lot recently, as I've been thinking about a certain someone with that giddy affliction common of pre-pubesents. No, I'm not in love, I'd hardly even call it lust, but I'm more affected than usual by my favorite linguist. So, with that said, my two favorite quotes of the day are from:
1. Jason Epstein: "Recipes are essentially stories."
Simple and sweet. Thank you.
2. Pablo Neruda's Tonight I Write the Saddest Lines: "Love is brief: forgetting lasts so long."

I have so many threads of thoughts that I need to gather my spool and weave something fabulous. This takes time, my devoted little readers (of one:)).
Salut!

No comments: